Come along with us on a unique tour to the Dharavi Slums of Mumbai. Travel that’s offbeat and full of experience. Although known to be Asia’s Largest Slum, the area is actually a hub to many small-scale industries like recycling, embroidery, bakery, pottery-making, soap factory, leather tanning and many more. Fascinatingly spread of over 2.1 square kilometers with a whopping population of about 700,000 housed in it, is located right at the heart of the city, Mumbai. The tour is an absolutely eye-opening experience to learn the life of people living here and their spirit of survival in the narrow lanes of the cramped slums. A great learning experience and a chance to see the other side of the city that has been thriving for years.
Highlights of the tour
Duration: 2-3 Hours
Why is this tour unique?
Visit a famous slum in Mumbai called Dharavi where the Oscar winning movie “Slum-dog Millionaire” was shot. This tour revolves around showing you the true might of the slum which contributes a considerable percentage to the gross income of the city with its small businesses like Pottery, Earthenware, plastic recycling factory, leather factory etc.
Experience life in the Slums of Dharavi as we pick you up from your hotel and head straight to our destination.
On reaching Dharavi we walk you through the entire tour through the narrow lanes to witness life out there and how businesses with limited resources have been flourishing.
You can spend some time meeting the kids and local people out there and probably hear some tales about their life and business.
You will learn a lot of interesting facts about this place from your guide and the locals. With a tour, there surely isn’t a single dull moment.
Dharavi is a classic example of how the community works together and lives together with happy smiling faces.
Terms & Conditions
Children from 7 to 9 years old – 50% of the package cost
Children from 9 years old and further – considered as adults
Booking Window & Travel Period: Open for All
No refund will be made for any unused transportation segments, sightseeing tours or any other service due to Bad weather, ill health, Strike, Road Blocks or any other factor beyond our Control. Such unused items are neither refundable nor exchangeable.
No refund shall be claimed, if the services & amenities were not up to your expectations, it will be considered on case-to-case basis.
The transportation cost is subject to change if there will be hike in the rates of Fuel.
The price of the package is subject to change at the time of booking depending upon the month of travel during high season, the final price will be confirmed at the time of booking in such scenario.
- If the Guest decides to cancel the tour for any reason whatsoever then s/he shall give a written application to the Company within specified time limit along with original receipt issued by the Company. Such cancellation will attract cancellation. charges stated hereunder.
Days Before Commencement of The Tour
Cancellation Fees Applicable
30 Days or More
0% (Transaction Tax & Fees May Apply)
15 – 29 Days
14 – 07 Days
0 – 06 Days
- Cancellation charges will be calculated on gross tour cost and the cancellation charges shall depend on date of departure and date of cancellation.
- Cancellation charges for any type of transport ticket are applicable as per the rules of the concerned authority.
- Any refund payable to the Guest will be paid after the Company receives refund from the respective authorities. The Company deducts processing charges from the refund to be paid to the Guest.
- On account of rescheduling, a nominal rescheduling charges may apply.
- There is no refund for any services not utilized during the tour.
- Guests are advised not to keep valuables in the coach/vehicle while sightseeing. The Company shall not be responsible for loss of valuables from the coach / vehicle. If the coach / vehicle is accidentally or otherwise damaged by the Guest, s/he will be required to pay compensation for the same.
- The prevailing Rate of Exchange of the day of payment will be applicable
- Kindly note that the drivers are not guides
- Confirmation of Hotels and other services is subject to availability
- Rates are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- Itineraries are subject to change without prior intimation
- All arrangements made by us are in the capacity of a ground handling agent only. We will not be liable for claims or expenses arising from circumstances beyond our control such as accidents, injuries delayed or cancelled flights & acts or forces of nature
- Images used are only for illustration purposes actual destination may vary
Fill details to book a tour:
₹5,390 – ₹22,690